Tuesday, November 29, 2005

LONDON COLNEY, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has decided not to pursue a threat of legal action against his Chelsea counterpart Jose Mourinho.

The pair became embroiled in a war of words ahead of November's international break and Wenger used the gap in domestic action to seek legal advice over the remarks.

Mourinho had upset Wenger by calling him a "voyeur" obsessed with Chelsea, but after considering his options the Frenchman has decided not to take matters further as he does not feel there was enough malice behind Mourinho's statement.
"I took legal advice," Wenger told reporters at the club's training ground on Friday. "I wanted to analyse what was behind it. I tried to think about it during the break and I cannot see that statement to be malicious or vicious enough.
"For me the intention behind the statement is important. I hope I am right that nothing malicious was planned behind it. I cannot let people say anything without a reaction. I let him get away with it."
Mourinho responded by saying Wenger had made the right decision to drop any case against him over his remarks.
"I think it is a sensible and intelligent decision.
"He knows my feelings about the situation...I don't want to do anything personal," Mourinho told reporters. "I want to finish with it and I hope he does the same way in relation to us. So I think it is the best thing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home